Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Mark Wilson <ma...@capeclear.com> on 2000/11/07 17:50:54 UTC

Entity reference normalizing bug?

Hi,
    I checked the mailing list archive but didn't find this before, so
here goes...

I have been using Apache SOAP 2.0 and noticed what I think is a bug in
the  'normalize(String s)'  methods in soap/util/xml/DOMWriter.java and
DOM2Writer.java . These methods replace occurrences of  the  reserved
characters (<,>,& etc.) with the corresponding entity reference.
However, I believe that there should be an additional case to replace
occurrences of "'" (apostrophe) character with "&apos;" as this is not
currently being replaced.

i.e.
362a363,367
>         case '\'' :