Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "David P. Donahue" <dd...@ccs.neu.edu> on 2006/02/17 17:02:12 UTC

[users@httpd] Blocking Addresses In Virtual Hosts

I've been trying to configure my Apache (1.3) to deny from specific
addresses in my virtual hosts, but nothing seems to do the trick.  I'm
testing my denying my old school's address and then proxying through
them to see if I'm blocked, but no luck.  Below is a basic Virtual Host
config on my server, what do I need to add to it to block access from
certain addresses?

<VirtualHost *>
     ServerAdmin ddonahue@ccs.neu.edu
     DocumentRoot /home/www/.www/webusers/myerscreek
     ServerName www.myerscreek.org
     ServerAlias myerscreek.org
     DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm
     HostnameLookups On
     ErrorLog /var/log/apache/www.myerscreek.org-error_log
     LogLevel warn
     LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%!414r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\"
\"%{User-Agent}i\"$
     CustomLog /var/log/apache/www.myerscreek.org-access_log combined
</VirtualHost>