Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Chris Brody <ch...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/22 20:13:31 UTC

What to do with cordova-discuss?

While I personally think it would continue to fill an existing gap (track
discussion of some random and otherwise uncategorized Cordova topics) it
has proven to be unpopular.

Some alternatives I can think of:
* discuss such discussions in https://github.com/apache/cordova
* discuss elsewhere such as cordova-coho or cordova-contribute
* consider using a solution such as Discourse

I am a bit concerned that discussions by email and in Slack are easy to
forget and not easy to keep track of.

P.S. As a side point I am not so happy to see most dev discussions on Slack
in private PMC channel. I would be much happier to see such discussions in
a public channel such as "dev".

Re: What to do with cordova-discuss?

Posted by ra...@gmail.com.
Yes, I was talking about that. I only see a big "Authorize Github" button
there. Will try it when I find time. Thanks for testing.

Posted by エリス ブライアン <el...@gmail.com>.
As Shazron said and as I pointed out once before, Apache can enable apps such as Probot, which works nicely for more then just moving issues.

I pointed this feature link before.

https://probot.github.io/apps/move/

I think Probot will fit our needs better then the other as it provides more features which we can use anytime.

Posted by Jan Piotrowski <pi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jan Piotrowski <pi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jan Piotrowski <pi...@gmail.com>.
Wasn't `cordova-discuss` for a totally different use case?

From how I understood it, Cordova has/had a formal "proposal" process

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.