Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ashish Kulkarni <as...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/28 21:22:48 UTC

[OT] Read XML file from folder outside web application

Hi
I can use servletContext.getResource('/WEB-INF/myconfig.xml'); to read
myconfig.xml file which is under WEB-INF from a servlet
If i keep this file at c:/test/myconfig.xml file, can i read it from
a servlet, if so how??

Ashish

Re: [OT] Read XML file from folder outside web application

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
place the myconfig.xml in WEB-INF/classes
then in struts.xml include that file
    <include file="myconfig.xml"/>

M-

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2008/3/28, Ashish Kulkarni <as...@gmail.com>:
> Hi
>  i did File f = new File(mypath); and it works
>  What is the danger of doing so?

Sorry, I was a bit misleading. I meant that it is better not to expose
that file with an absolute path to the internet, as it can become a
backdoor to your server.
But, as long as you parse it internally in your code, I think there is
no danger.

Antonio

Re: [OT] Read XML file from folder outside web application

Posted by Ashish Kulkarni <as...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.