Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by "jon.sabados@gmail.com" <jo...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/08 01:25:27 UTC

JMS + authentication

I am currently trying to configure a MDB to authenticate against a security
realm defined in the ear it lives in, but am having trouble finding out how
to do so.  The best I can come up with so far is modifying META-INF/ra.xml
in the connector module to specify a value for config-property
BrokerXmlConfig, but am having little luck with that as well.

If anyone could give me any pointers on this it would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: JMS + authentication

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On May 7, 2008, at 4:25 PM, jon.sabados@gmail.com wrote:

> I am currently trying to configure a MDB to authenticate against a
> security
> realm defined in the ear it lives in, but am having trouble finding
> out how
> to do so.  The best I can come up with so far is modifying META-INF/
> ra.xml
> in the connector module to specify a value for config-property
> BrokerXmlConfig, but am having little luck with that as well.
>
> If anyone could give me any pointers on this it would be greatly
> appreciated.

This is not really possible in the current j2ca/ejb specs.  The j2ca
1.6 spec for javaee 6 plans to address importing security contexts
from resource adapters such as a jms provider.

Could I ask what your exact security requirements are?  I think
activemq has some (non-spec?) security configuration.  Maybe you could
configure activemq so only authorized senders could put messages into
the queue for the mdb?

thanks
david jencks