Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Soo Kang Wei FSI NCS <kw...@ncs.com.sg> on 2001/04/04 10:02:50 UTC

Cocoon2 Query

Hi All,

Any one receive such an Exception when running Cocoon2 the first time?
Can anyone out there advice me on how to resolve such error?
I've tried to printout the cause of the error and it seems that the variable

workDirParam and workDir have values null. I've checked and it seems to get
the value from the ServletConfig object.
Hence, may I know how to resolve this issue?

Thank you.

The Exception is :

workDirParam= null
workDir= null
[04/Apr/2001 15:58:37:7] error: Exception: SERVLET-execution_failed: Error
in ex
ecuting servlet Cocoon2: java.lang.NullPointerException
Exception Stack Trace:
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at java.util.Hashtable.put(Hashtable.java:381)
        at org.apache.avalon.DefaultContext.put(DefaultContext.java:63)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.init(CocoonServlet.java:127)
        at
com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.ServletRepository.loadServl
et(Unknown Source)
        at
com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.ServletRepository.createIns
tance(Unknown Source)
        at
com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.ServletRunner.createServlet
Info(Unknown Source)
        at
com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.ServletRunner.execute(Unkno
wn Source)
        at com.kivasoft.applogic.AppLogic.execute(Unknown Source)
        at com.kivasoft.applogic.AppLogic.execute(Unknown Source)
        at com.kivasoft.thread.ThreadBasic.run(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

[04/Apr/2001 15:58:37:7] error: APPLOGIC-caught_exception: Caught Exception:
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
com.netscape.server.servlet.platformhttp.PlatformHttpServletResponse.
sendError(Unknown Source)
        at
com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.ServletRunner.reportError(U
nknown Source)
        at
com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.ServletRunner.execute(Unkno
wn Source)
        at com.kivasoft.applogic.AppLogic.execute(Unknown Source)
        at com.kivasoft.applogic.AppLogic.execute(Unknown Source)
        at com.kivasoft.thread.ThreadBasic.run(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

Regards,
Soo Kang Wei