Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de> on 2010/11/11 19:49:01 UTC

Antw.: Solr 1.4.1 Analysis console gives error regarding CharTermAttributeImpl that is not in the target

I still think this is a bug in analysis.jsp. Copyto does not work here correctly because it tries to copy a ta to cta.seems that analysis.hap does generate the Target attributesource incorrect.

I will look into this.
---
Uwe Schindler
Generics Policeman
Bremen, Germany

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
It's fixed now in branch_3x!

Thanks Tom!

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de
Posted by "Burton-West, Tom" <tb...@umich.edu>.
Thanks Uwe,

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Hi Tom,

Posted by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Burton-West, Tom" <tb...@umich.edu>.
Sorry about the confusion (my confusion mostly:).   I was actually using revision 1030032 of Lucene/Solr (see below)
with a custom token filter that does not use CharTermAttribute.  I'll recompile the custom filter against this revision and verify that the analysis.jsp produces the same results in a few minutes.

	Solr Specification Version: 3.0.0.2010.11.03.16.59.02
	Solr Implementation Version: 3.1-SNAPSHOT 1030032 - tburtonw - 2010-11-03 16:59:02
	Lucene Specification Version: 3.1-SNAPSHOT
	Lucene Implementation Version: 3.1-SNAPSHOT 1030032 - 2010-11-03 17:00:44

Tom
> I still think this is a bug in analysis.jsp. Copyto does not work here
> correctly because it tries to copy a ta to cta.seems that analysis.hap does
> generate the Target attributesource incorrect.
>
> I will look into this.

I think (perhaps I am mistaken), that Tom somehow mixed up some newer
binaries with Solr 1.4.1/Lucene 2.9

Tom, am i mistaken? Your message says you are using Solr 1.4.1, thats
whats confusing me.

Did you actually receive this error on branch_3x Solr's analysis.jsp
with an old TermAttribute-using TokenFilter?

Re: Antw.: Solr 1.4.1 Analysis console gives error regarding CharTermAttributeImpl that is not in the target

Posted by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Burton-West, Tom" <tb...@umich.edu>.
Thanks Uwe,

A bug in analysis.jsp is consistent with what I am seeing.  I can run explain/debug queries using my filter in the Solr/Lucene 3.x version and it’s clearly working.  However I get the error when I try the analysis console.  Is this the same issue as SOLR-2051?

Tom