Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Hakka Ville <vh...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/20 19:28:01 UTC

how to extract parameters from URI ?

Hello, everybody!

for example I have encoded URI (or URL, I think it's the same)

http://x.y.z/index.php?n=1&m=%DE

how can I extract "n" and "m" values from URI/URL using httpclient ?

Cheers,
Hakka

Re: how to extract parameters from URI ?

Posted by Roland Weber <ht...@dubioso.net>.
Hello Hakka,

> for example I have encoded URI (or URL, I think it's the same)
>
> http://x.y.z/index.php?n=1&m=%DE
>
> how can I extract "n" and "m" values from URI/URL using httpclient ?

I don't think you can at all. HttpClient is for the *client* side,
where you put query parameters *into* the URL. The decoding is done
on the server side. I don't remember any HttpClient functionality
to do that.

cheers,
  Roland