Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Finn Ulff-Møller <fi...@tietoenator.com> on 2002/09/05 16:30:19 UTC

What activates the Email Listener?

Hi again Wolfram (most likely)

I forgot to ask what activates the Email Listener apart from the Test Mail
button?
I have tried to generate an error condition by putting something unlikely
into an
Assertion but that triggers no email. Nor does a load test putting quite a
high load
on our test machine.

Should the Email Listener be combined with some Logic Controller? I am not
so
familiar with the latter yet.

I am pt. using JMeter 1.7.beta3. If another version would be better for this
purpose
would you be kind enough to point me towards that.

Thanks again for your patience.

Finn

Re: What activates the Email Listener?

Posted by Mike Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
You'd be better off grabbing a more recent version of JMeter - Assertions back
then didn't affect the success/fail status of responses.  Instead, they just created
assertion responses which could only be viewed with the Assertion Visualizer.

-Mike

On 5 Sep 2002 at 16:30, Finn Ulff-Møller wrote:

> Hi again Wolfram (most likely)
>
> I forgot to ask what activates the Email Listener apart from the Test Mail
> button?
> I have tried to generate an error condition by putting something unlikely
> into an
> Assertion but that triggers no email. Nor does a load test putting quite a
> high load
> on our test machine.
>
> Should the Email Listener be combined with some Logic Controller? I am not
> so
> familiar with the latter yet.
>
> I am pt. using JMeter 1.7.beta3. If another version would be better for this
> purpose
> would you be kind enough to point me towards that.
>
> Thanks again for your patience.
>
> Finn

Michael Stover
mstover1@apache.org