Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Bjorn Danielsson <bj...@lists.cuspycode.com> on 2013/03/15 17:42:18 UTC

Using a different javax.mail provider

I have a webapp that works with Sun's (Oracle's) Javamail
implementation but not with the Geronimo Javamail that is
bundled with TomEE. Is there some way I can bundle the Sun
version in my webapp?

I can make it work by fiddling with tomee/lib or tomee/endorsed,
but if it's at all possible I would prefer to just keep this
temporary workaround within the webapp itself.

--
Bjorn Danielsson
Cuspy Code AB

Re: Using a different javax.mail provider

Posted by Bjorn Danielsson <bj...@lists.cuspycode.com>.
Thanks Howard, I must have missed that discussion in December.
I have added a comment to your JIRA entry. The symptoms are
slightly different in my test case, but after having looked
briefly at the Geronimo-Javamail source code I am pretty sure
that the IMAP authentication handshake is completely broken,
so it's probably good to keep everything within the same JIRA.

IMO, it shouldn't be hard to debug. Geronimo-javamail compiles
quickly and you don't even need an IMAP server to debug it, it's
enough if you have nc + perl and all the relevant IMAP RFCs handy.
I might even give it a try myself, but unfortunately I can't
motivate spending too much time on it since using Sun's version
is a reasonable workaround for my project at this time.

--
Bjorn Danielsson
Cuspy Code AB

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Was the idea

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Think it could be avoided

Posted by "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <sm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <sm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <sm...@gmail.com>.
I can confirm when i'm able to download tomee ZIP file that contains this
change.

Re: 1.6-SNAPSHOT unavailable (was: Using a different javax.mail provider)

Posted by Felipe Jaekel <fk...@gmail.com>.
I had a lot of strange issues with JavaMail in TomEE when I was migrating
from a regular Tomcat 7.

The solution was to delete geronimo-javamail_1.4_mail-1.8.3.jar,
add geronimo-osgi-locator-1.1.jar, and finally add mail.jar to
<tomee_home>/lib (when I added it to WEB-INF/lib some email routines of my
application were working and others not).

Posted by "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <sm...@gmail.com>.
That's great. Glad to hear. Thanks!
On Mar 18, 2013 4:11 PM, "Bjorn Danielsson" <

Posted by Bjorn Danielsson <bj...@lists.cuspycode.com>.
That worked!

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
hmm,

Posted by Bjorn Danielsson <bj...@lists.cuspycode.com>.

Posted by "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <sm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
I leant my computer to meta-dev, no more need to be here :)

well the build should be ok soon since the CI machine is up again

*Romain Manni-Bucau*

Posted by Bjorn Danielsson <bj...@lists.cuspycode.com>.
Do you ever sleep Romain? ;-)

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.