Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Robert William Vesterman <bo...@vesterman.com> on 2006/04/08 03:35:24 UTC

Installing Python bindings?

I hope to convert an SCCS repository to Subversion (on Windows).  I
found the sccs2svn.py script, which does this; it says that the Python
bindings are required.  So, I downloaded them, precompiled, from
subversion.tigris.org.  However, I'm now not sure what to do.

The ZIP file they're contained in doesn't seem to give me much of a clue
as to how to install them, or where to extract them to, or whatever, and
I haven't yet found anything along those lines on the web.  I'm guessing
I probably just have to extract them to some specific place in either
Python's tree or Subversion's tree, but I have no idea which, nor what
specific place within whichever of those is correct.

Any hints, please?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: Installing Python bindings?

Posted by eg <eg...@gmail.com>.
Robert William Vesterman wrote:
> I hope to convert an SCCS repository to Subversion (on Windows).  I
> found the sccs2svn.py script, which does this; it says that the Python
> bindings are required.  So, I downloaded them, precompiled, from
> subversion.tigris.org.  However, I'm now not sure what to do.
>
> The ZIP file they're contained in doesn't seem to give me much of a clue
> as to how to install them, or where to extract them to, or whatever, and
> I haven't yet found anything along those lines on the web.  I'm guessing
> I probably just have to extract them to some specific place in either
> Python's tree or Subversion's tree, but I have no idea which, nor what
> specific place within whichever of those is correct.
>
> Any hints, please?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.

I also had to hunt around when I did it (not being a python weenie).

I referred to:

http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2005-05/0742.shtml

and

http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/wiki/TracOnWindows

both of which mention the necessary copy steps.

Re: Installing Python bindings?

Posted by Robert William Vesterman <bo...@vesterman.com>.
For anyone who may be interested in the future, I figured it out:

The Python installation contains a directory called lib/site-packages.
Just copy the directories contained in the bindings zip file - "svn" and
"libsvn" - into that directory.