Posted to user@flink.apache.org by vinay patil <vi...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/05 09:32:53 UTC

Facing Issues while migrating to S3A

Hi All,

I am facing issues when I changed from S3n to S3A, I am using
hadoop-aws-2.7.2 and aws-java-sdk-1.7.4 as dependencies

Getting this error : java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
org.apache.hadoop.io.nativeio.NativeIO$Windows.access
Tried to change the fs.s3.buffer.dir path but getting same error.

According to the documentation when I try to provide values in these
properties, it does not work and gives the credential exception:

<property>
  <name>fs.s3.awsAccessKeyId</name>
  <value></value>
</property>

<property>
  <name>fs.s3.awsSecretAccessKey</name>
  <value></value>
</property>

When I change these properties to fs.s3a.access.key and fs.s3a.secret.key it
accepts the credentials but gives the above exception.

Can you please guide me the correct way of migrating from S3n to S3A

P.S I have followed all the steps in the documentation.

Re: Facing Issues while migrating to S3A

Posted by "yinhua.dai" <yi...@outlook.com>.
Hi,

I am still have the same problem, googled many ways but still failed.
I have downloaded and added hadoop.dll and winutils.exe to class path.

To verify that is working, I called "System.loadLibrary("haddop")" at the
beginning of my java program and it succeed.

BTW: I run my program in windows 7 64bit.

Re: Facing Issues while migrating to S3A

Posted by Stefan Richter <s....@data-artisans.com>.
Hi,

yes, it is only an issue on Windows because the system is using native functions and it seems your classpath lacks the Windows specific binary. Those functions are called from Java through JNI and their implementation for Windows is in some dll file that you need to put on your classpath. I think that file is $HADOOP_HOME\bin\hadoop.dll, where $HADOOP_HOME is the location of your Hadoop installation on Windows. Locate this file on your machine and include it to your classpath. This should help.

Best,
Stefan

Posted by vinay patil <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stefan,