Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Creighton Kirkendall <ck...@hobsons-us.com> on 2002/01/15 15:02:53 UTC

JVM Problems: To long of a file name or classname?????

Is it possible that the way that tomcat names files in the Work can create a
class name that is two long for the JVM.  I posted a file about a jsp page
that caused a segmentation fault with the JVM.  But it seems that is never
got to compilation it dies before the first line of the compiled file can be
created.  Is it possible that the name of the class is two long for the JVM
to handle?  This may be a stupid question but the name contains 194
characters and it seems to die immediately.  I can give anyone the java core
dump if they would like.  I only ask this because I strip this file of all
code and just had a blank file and I still had the problem.

Creighton Kirkendall

Re: JVM Problems: To long of a file name or classname?????

Posted by Bojan Smojver <bo...@binarix.com>.
And the version of TC is?

Bojan