Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Daniel Watford <da...@foomoo.co.uk> on 2020/03/05 15:25:28 UTC

Re: About your contributions to the OFBiz project

Hi Jacopo,

No apology needed, I appreciate you getting in touch.

From following the developer mailing list I see that emotions can sometimes
run high, but I try to assume that all involved have good intentions at
heart.

I'd be very interested in getting more involved as it will help with my
work on a client's project I'm building on top of Ofbiz.

Thanks for reaching out.

Dan.

--
Daniel Watford

Re: About your contributions to the OFBiz project

Posted by Nicolas Malin <ni...@nereide.fr>.
Mathieu,

On 05/03/2020 20:12, Mathieu Lirzin wrote:
>>> I apologize if I am writing you a private email! I am one of the OFBiz
>>> committers/PMC members and I just want to tell you that I greatly
>>> appreciate your contributions to the project and the constructive attitude
>>> you maintain in community discussions.
>>> Please keep up the great work and be patient because sometimes community
>>> interaction can be frustrating but in the end is not as bad as someone is
>>> trying to portray it to you.
> Am I supposed to be the “someone”?

Through my community history I translate 'someone' by each other that
interferes with different vision/opinion.

Keep in mind that your recent resignation due to conflict, appear as a
failure from some PMC so from my part it's a good initiative from Jacopo
to "take care" of contributors.

> If yes, I would have rather preferred that you expressed your
> disagreement with my point of view either directly or on the public
> mailing list instead of “not interfering” and telling Daniel in private
> that was trying to portray community interactions badly, when instead I
> was just trying to provide constructive input on the subject of using
> Mocks for tests.

And continue to share your vision, it's nice and important for all. No
bad assumption on previous Jacopo's email, read it with positive approach.

Nicolas

Re: About your contributions to the OFBiz project

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hello Mathieu,

On Thu, Mar 5, 2020 at 8:12 PM Mathieu Lirzin <ma...@nereide.fr>
wrote:

> Hello Jacopo,
> [...]
> Am I supposed to be the “someone”?
>
> If yes, I would have rather preferred that you expressed your
> disagreement with my point of view either directly or on the public
> mailing list instead [...]

I think you are over-reacting because the goal of my message to Daniel was
not that of criticizing your, or anyone else, but rather to acknowledge his
valuable contributions and involvement with the community and encourage him
to keep a positive attitude even in case of disagreement.

> Don't know if it was intentional or not, but thank you Daniel for
> sharing.

It happened because I have set my Apache email with a reply-to address to
the users list, because I use it to announce releases with that in public
lists; no one was trying to put anyone in a bad spot.

Best regards,

Jacopo

Re: About your contributions to the OFBiz project

Posted by Mathieu Lirzin <ma...@nereide.fr>.
Hello Jacopo,

> On Thu, 5 Mar 2020 at 15:15, Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> I apologize if I am writing you a private email! I am one of the OFBiz
>> committers/PMC members and I just want to tell you that I greatly
>> appreciate your contributions to the project and the constructive attitude
>> you maintain in community discussions.
>> Please keep up the great work and be patient because sometimes community
>> interaction can be frustrating but in the end is not as bad as someone is
>> trying to portray it to you.

Am I supposed to be the “someone”?

If yes, I would have rather preferred that you expressed your
disagreement with my point of view either directly or on the public
mailing list instead of “not interfering” and telling Daniel in private
that was trying to portray community interactions badly, when instead I
was just trying to provide constructive input on the subject of using
Mocks for tests.

The irony is that this behavior is precisely an example of bad community
interaction.

>> I don't want to interfere in these discussions but please know that I am
>> following your work and I am working with the other PMC members to offer
>> you more rights in this community, if you are interested of course. Just
>> give us some time and stay with us!

Don't know if it was intentional or not, but thank you Daniel for
sharing.

--
Mathieu Lirzin
GPG: F2A3 8D7E EB2B 6640 5761  070D 0ADE E100 9460 4D37