Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org> on 2002/11/22 09:13:49 UTC

Phoenix is *not* in danger

I have been contacted because there seems to be a fear that somehow
Phoenix will be scraped or heavily reworked in its CVS; I want to be
clear on this and reassure that we have no intention whatsoever to
pursue this with Phoenix. In fact it has been suggested by me that
Phoenix be the only container that currently keeps its own CVS space.

Phoenix is our stable container, and is used by many projects all over
the world with great success, not least by James. We are talking about
creating something new, not about demolishing what is there.

Phoenix must continue to provide its services if/till a more
*compelling* and *stable* container exists. And even them we *must* give
all our users a rock solid path to migrate, possibly with no code change
at all.

Apache has a proven track record of stablity. It will continue.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

No Fear (was: RE: Phoenix is *not* in danger)

Posted by Leo Sutic <le...@inspireinfrastructure.com>.
> From: Nicola Ken Barozzi [mailto:nicolaken@apache.org]
>
> I have been contacted because there seems to be a fear

All,

I think it is vital to a healthy community that one
can speak openly about one's worries and fears, especially
when there's some project-level changes going on and
you have visions of your most used part of the project
going down the drain along with your job, your paycheck
and your house.

Instead of having you post private emails to Nicola,
I'd like to encourage anyone who has any worries to post
them right on this list. Keep the format simple:

    I fear that (.1.) will lead to (.2.).

    (signature)

The response will be one of two:

1)  No need to worry. (.2.) will not happen.

2)  Regarding (.2.). We didn't think of that. Let's see how we
    can accomodate you.

/LS