Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org> on 2003/10/28 19:49:40 UTC

site action items

Site generation should be ok based on content committed to avalon-site/site.
Some actions outstanding:

*   Phoenix doc build needs to be updated to reference the
    new Apache/Avalon/Framework/Containers/Components links
    (I've committed a single page placeholder) - Pete, can
    you take care of this?

*   Fortress - Berin, how do you want to proceed? Update to
    Anika or tweak the current build? (I've committed the
    Fortress content ass is but it needs to be updated)

*   Multiple Excalibur projects - but this we can handle
    progressively (I've added a placeholder page with some
    links so that the main reference urls don't break).
    Step by step we can introduce the individual packages
    (confiuration and i18n are already in place).

For general validation I need to access the site on-line at
avalon.apache.org.

Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org

Re: site action items

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.
Stephen McConnell wrote:
> I've already committed everything I've updated.

check again...

avalon-site/site/excalibur/index.html

has more recent content than

avalon-excalibur/site/xdocs

> The rest will require
> migration single page overviews to Anika.  That's what I meant by doing
> it progrressively.  I.e. it ain't going happen tonight - and the world
> is not going to come to and if it doesn't.

no-one said it should happen tonight :D

All I'm saying is that I'm strongly against (based on past experience)
putting in place a website that is more broken than it was before.
Things have a habit of staying broken.

>> ok. You wanna aggregate, or shall I?
>
> Nobody has ever asked me that before!

take a look at how geronimo does it. Also, I have something in place at

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/jicarilla/jicarilla-sandbox/platform/

though I'm not sure how well that's working atm.

> (who is definately hitting the sack in a matter of minutes).

g'night dude!

- LSD

Re: site action items

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

Leo Simons wrote:

> Stephen McConnell wrote:

>>> I'll take this one. Should be done in approx 10 minutes.
>>

> done. (took the 4.0.4 apidocs as that makes most sense to me; also
> updated the index page)

>>> disagree. I'll get the stuff which is still forrest-style docs
>>> uploaded; you handle the maven/anakia material?
>>

>> I've been going though the docs and for the most part the amount of
>
> > documentation in Excalibur is terribly small.
>
> but there's some important exceptions like instrument.

Where there are excaptions we can link to them - like I'm doing alreaduy
for i18n and configuration.  Where the doc is nothing more than a
summary paragraph then it should considated under excalibur/site.  Stuff
in between should be migrated under single page suppliments on
excalibur/site/xdocs/[packagename].

>> I've already updated a common Excalibur site - and my feeling is that
>> anything that has more than just a summary can be linked into pages
>> under the Excalibur site generation.
>

> acked. I'll fix up excalibur; you take fortress? (commit what ya have
> left :D)

I've already committed everything I've updated.  The rest will require
migration single page overviews to Anika.  That's what I meant by doing
it progrressively.  I.e. it ain't going happen tonight - and the world
is not going to come to and if it doesn't.

>> That would allow a generic javadoc goal for the separate pacakges.
>> Overall this is significantly simplfy Excalibur doc maintainance and
>> consitency.
>

> ok. You wanna aggregate, or shall I?

Nobody has ever asked me that before!

I'll work on a generic javadoc goal under maven for all
excalibur/[package]/apis.
(but this is new content - i.e. I want it all nice and consitent - and I
figure step-by-step is best approach - its not java javadocs but getting
maven builds up and running as well).

Cheers, Steve.

Re: site action items

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.

Re: site action items

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

Leo Simons wrote:

> Stephen McConnell wrote:
>
>> *  Phoenix doc build needs to be updated to reference the
>>    new Apache/Avalon/Framework/Containers/Components links
>>    (I've committed a single page placeholder) - Pete, can
>>    you take care of this?
>

> I'll take this one. Should be done in approx 10 minutes.
>
>> *  Fortress - Berin, how do you want to proceed? Update to
>>    Anika or tweak the current build?
>

> update.
>
>> *  Multiple Excalibur projects - but this we can handle
>>    progressively
>

> disagree. I'll get the stuff which is still forrest-style docs
> uploaded; you handle the maven/anakia material?

I've been going though the docs and for the most part the amount of
documentation in Excalibur is terribly small.  I've already updated a
common Excalibur site - and my feeling is that anything that has more
than just a summary can be linked into pages under the Excalibur site
generation.  That would allow a generic javadoc goal for the separate
pacakges.  Overall this is significantly simplfy Excalibur doc
maintainance and consitency.

>> For general validation I need to access the site on-line at
>> avalon.apache.org.
>

> why?

Because!

> grz,
>
> - Leo

:-)

Re: site action items

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.
Stephen McConnell wrote:
> *  Phoenix doc build needs to be updated to reference the
>    new Apache/Avalon/Framework/Containers/Components links
>    (I've committed a single page placeholder) - Pete, can
>    you take care of this?

I'll take this one. Should be done in approx 10 minutes.

> *  Fortress - Berin, how do you want to proceed? Update to
>    Anika or tweak the current build?

update.

> *  Multiple Excalibur projects - but this we can handle
>    progressively

disagree. I'll get the stuff which is still forrest-style docs uploaded;
you handle the maven/anakia material?

> For general validation I need to access the site on-line at
> avalon.apache.org.

why?

grz,

- Leo