Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Joseph Milora <jo...@cox.net> on 2003/03/08 01:23:30 UTC

followRedirects is false

Hi,

I'm using the cactus and the struts test case[updated to work with the cactus nightly build]
 frameworks to test my application and I keep receiving

Redirect requested but followRedirects is disabled.

I'm trying to test some methods on my EJBs, but I need to set the security credentials in order to successfully call those methods.

I use form authentication, and redirect to a login page, which uses JBoss and JAAS to get the security
credentials from the database. I've also tried using basic authentication, putting the ServletRedirector in
the url-pattern of the web resource collection, and I receive the same message. I use either

webRequest.setAuthentication(new FormAuthentication("username", "password"));   or

webRequest.setAuthentication(new BasicAuthentication("username", "password"));

(updating the web.xml to the appropriate security settings)

So I can't test my EJB method calls, and I can't verify action forwards because instead of the expected

forward I get:
Cactus_TestMethod=testCorrectScope&Cactus_TestClass=us.mistura.web.actions.FeatureActionTEST&Cactus_AutomaticSession=true&Cactus_Service=CALL_TEST

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance,

Joe Milora

Re: followRedirects is false

Posted by Jason Arndt <ja...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Joe,

It doesn't look like the FeatureAction class is ever
being called...even through the browser.

The /feature path is mapped to a struts ForwardAction,
not your FeatureAction.

In your struts config change this:

<action
           path="/feature"
type="org.apache.struts.actions.ForwardAction"
           parameter="/WEB-INF/pages/feature.jsp"/>

To this:

<action
            path="/feature"
type="us.mistura.web.actions.FeatureAction"
            scope="request">
    <forward name="feature"
path="/WEB-INF/pages/feature.jsp" />
</action>

Also, setRequestPathInfo("/feature");

Give that a shot and let me know if that fixes it.

-- Jason

'http://[host][port]/mistura/ServletRedirector/feature?Cactus_TestMethod=tes

tCorrectScope&Cactus_TestClass=us.mistura.web.actions.FeatureActionTEST&Cact

> us_AutomaticSession=true&Cactus_Service=CALL_TEST'

> are
> > > you

=== message truncated ===> <?xml version="1.0"
encoding="UTF-8"?>
> [...]
>    <url-pattern>
>       /ServletRedirector
>    </url-pattern>
> </servlet-mapping>
>
> <servlet-mapping>
>
>    <servlet-name>
>       action
>    </servlet-name>
>    <url-pattern>
>       *.do
>    </url-pattern>
>
> </servlet-mapping>
>
>    <!--
>    To specify mime mappings, create a file named
> mime-mappings.xml, put it in your project's
> mergedir.
>    Organize mime-mappings.xml following this DTD
> slice:
>
>    <!ELEMENT mime-mapping (extension, mime-type)>
>    -->
>
>    <welcome-file-list>
>
>   <welcome-file>
>      jstl-index.jsp
>   </welcome-file>
>   <welcome-file>
>      index.jsp
>   </welcome-file>
> </welcome-file-list>
>
>    <!--
>    To specify error pages, create a file named
> error-pages.xml, put it in your project's mergedir.
>    Organize error-pages.xml following this DTD
> slice:
>
>    <!ELEMENT error-page ((error-code |
> exception-type), location)>
>    -->
>
>   <taglib>
>
>    <taglib-uri>
>       /tags/struts-bean
>    </taglib-uri>
>    <taglib-location>
>       /WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld
>    </taglib-location>
> </taglib>
>
> <taglib>
>
>    <taglib-uri>
>       /tags/struts-logic
>    </taglib-uri>
>    <taglib-location>
>       /WEB-INF/struts-logic.tld
>    </taglib-location>
> </taglib>
>
> <taglib>
>
>    <taglib-uri>
>       /tags/struts-html
>    </taglib-uri>
>    <taglib-location>
>       /WEB-INF/struts-html.tld
>    </taglib-location>
> </taglib>
>
> <taglib>
>
>    <taglib-uri>
>       /tags/struts-nested
>    </taglib-uri>
>    <taglib-location>
>       /WEB-INF/struts-nested.tld
>    </taglib-location>
> </taglib>
>
> <taglib>
>
>    <taglib-uri>
>       /tags/struts-template
>    </taglib-uri>
>    <taglib-location>
>       /WEB-INF/struts-template.tld
>    </taglib-location>
> </taglib>

=== message truncated ===> <?xml version="1.0"
encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>

"http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/dtds/struts-config_1_1.dtd">

> [...]
>
>      welcome action/page and other commented sample
> elements.
>

>      Tiles and the Struts Validator are configured
> using the factory defaults
>
>      and are ready-to-use.
>

>      NOTE: If you have a generator tool to create
> the corresponding Java classes
>
>      for you, you could include the details in the
> "form-bean" declarations.
>
>      Otherwise, you would only define the
> "form-bean" element itself, with the
>
>      corresponding "name" and "type" attributes, as
> shown here.
>
> -->
>

> <struts-config>
>

> <!-- ==================================== Data
> Source Configuration -->
>
> <!--
>
>  <data-sources>
>
>    <data-source>
>
>      <set-property
>
>         property="autoCommit"
>
>         value="false"/>
>
>      <set-property
>
>         property="description"
>
>         value="Example Data Source Configuration"/>
>
>      <set-property
>
>         property="driverClass"
>
>         value="org.postgresql.Driver"/>
>
>      <set-property
>
>         property="maxCount"
>
>         value="4"/>
>
>      <set-property
>
>         property="minCount"
>
>         value="2"/>
>
>      <set-property
>
>         property="password"
>
>         value="mypassword"/>
>
>      <set-property
>
>         property="url"
>

> value="jdbc:postgresql://localhost/mydatabase"/>
>
>      <set-property
>
>         property="user"
>
>         value="myusername"/>
>
>    </data-source>
>
>  </data-sources>
>
> -->
>

> <!-- ======================================== Form
> Bean Definitions -->
>

>     <form-beans>
>

>        <form-bean
>
>           name="featureForm"
>

> type="org.apache.struts.action.DynaActionForm">
>
>           <form-property
>
>              name="name"
>
>              type="java.lang.String"/>
>
>           <form-property
>
>              name="description"
>
>              type="java.lang.String"/>
>
>        </form-bean>
>

>     </form-beans>
>

> <!-- ================================= Global
> Exception Definitions -->
>

>     <global-exceptions>
>
>         <!-- sample exception handler
>
>         <exception
>
>             key="expired.password"
>
>             type="app.ExpiredPasswordException"
>
>             path="/changePassword.jsp"/>
>
>         end sample -->
>
>     </global-exceptions>
>

> <!-- =================================== Global
> Forward Definitions -->
>

>     <global-forwards>
>
>         <!-- Default forward to "Welcome" action -->
>
>         <!-- Demonstrates using index.jsp to forward

=== message truncated ===>
http://webhosting.yahoo.com

Re: followRedirects is false

> If you could send me your war file...I could probably
> help you out, but without seeing everything it's hard
> to tell.  Sorry.
>
> I did have one other thought though....is your
> ServletTestRedirector servlet that you're using
> protected?
>
> --- Joseph Milora <jo...@cox.net> wrote:
> > I've done the same.
> > Only difference is yours works and mine doesn't.
> >
> > I hope someone can shed some light on this error
> > message.
> > At least under what scenarios it can be thrown.
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Joe Milora

testXXX(us.mistura.web.actions.FeatureActionTEST)junit.framework.AssertionFa
> > '/mistura/feature.do'

'http://[host]:[port]/mistura/ServletRedirector/feature?Cactus_TestMethod=te

stCorrectScope&Cactus_TestClass=us.mistura.web.actions.FeatureActionTEST&Cac

> > tus_AutomaticSession=true&Cactus_Service=CALL_TEST'

> servletunit.struts.Common.verifyForwardPath(Common.java:241)

servletunit.struts.CactusStrutsTestCase.verifyForward(CactusStrutsTestCase.j

Posted by Jason Arndt <ja...@yahoo.com>.
If you could send me your war file...I could probably
help you out, but without seeing everything it's hard
to tell.  Sorry.

I did have one other thought though....is your
ServletTestRedirector servlet that you're using
protected?

--- Joseph Milora <jo...@cox.net> wrote:
> I've done the same.
> Only difference is yours works and mine doesn't.
>
> I hope someone can shed some light on this error
> message.
> At least under what scenarios it can be thrown.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Joe Milora

=== message truncated ===

http://webhosting.yahoo.com

Re: followRedirects is false

> I'm using the latest CVS of both from yesterday
> 3/11/2003.  I
>
> However, to get strutstest to build I had to modify
> some of the strutstest import statements because the
> wrapper classes have been moved into a new 'wrapper'
> package in cactus.
>
> I'm using commons-httpclient-2.0alpha3.jar and
> aspectjrt-1.0.6.jar.
>
> I did have a problem using httpclient-2.0alpha2 and
> never figured out why, but alpha3 fixed the problem.
>

> --- Joseph Milora <jo...@cox.net> wrote:
> > Hi Jason,
> >
> > 1. The setRequestPathInfo call matches my
> > struts-config.xml file
> > 2. According to the log files the action is never
> > being executed.
> >     Calling actionPerform() in the test case does
> > not generate any errors, though.
> >
> > As far as verifying the forward, I get the following
> > error message:
> >
> > was expecting '/mistura/feature.do' but received

'http://[host][port]/mistura/ServletRedirector/feature?Cactus_TestMethod=tes
tCorrectScope&Cactus_TestClass=us.mistura.web.actions.FeatureActionTEST&Cact
us_AutomaticSession=true&Cactus_Service=CALL_TEST'

> > The url doesn't look right.
> >
> > What versions of cactus and struts test case are you
> > using?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Joe Milora

org.apache.cactus.AbstractWebServerTestCase.runServerTest(AbstractWebServerT

org.apache.cactus.AbstractWebServerTestCase.runBareServerTest(AbstractWebSer

org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractWebTestCaller.doTest(AbstractWebTestCaller.

org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractWebTestController.handleRequest$ajcPostArou

nd7(AbstractWebTestController.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj(1

org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractWebTestController.handleRequest$ajcPostArou

nd7$ajcVoidWrapper(AbstractWebTestController.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log

org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractWebTestController.handleRequest(AbstractWeb

> TestController.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj(1k):1151)

org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.doPost$ajcPostAround10(Servle

Posted by Jason Arndt <ja...@yahoo.com>.

'http://[host][port]/mistura/ServletRedirector/feature?Cactus_TestMethod=testCorrectScope&Cactus_TestClass=us.mistura.web.actions.FeatureActionTEST&Cactus_AutomaticSession=true&Cactus_Service=CALL_TEST'

Posted by Joseph Milora <jo...@cox.net>.
Hi Jason,

was expecting '/mistura/feature.do' but received 'http://[host][port]/mistura/ServletRedirector/feature?Cactus_TestMethod=testCorrectScope&Cactus_TestClass=us.mistura.web.actions.FeatureActionTEST&Cactus_AutomaticSession=true&Cactus_Service=CALL_TEST'

Posted by Jason Arndt <ja...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Joe,

> [...]

> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
>
> at

org.apache.catalina.valves.CertificatesValve.invoke(CertificatesValve.java:2
> 46)
>
> at

> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
>
> at

> at

> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2396)

> at

> )
>
> at

> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
>
> at

> java:170)
>
> at

> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
>
> at

org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:172

=== message truncated ===

http://taxes.yahoo.com/

Re: followRedirects is false

Posted by Joseph Milora <jo...@cox.net>.
Thanks for the reply Jason.

[...]

at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:469)

at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)

at

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)

at
:174)

at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)

at

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)

at
1040)

at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:1151
)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

If more information is needed, let me know.
BTW, everything works fine when done via the browser.
Thanks in advance,
Joe Milora

Posted by Jason Arndt <ja...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Joe,