Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Philip Laing <ph...@ascconsultants.com.au> on 2007/10/25 01:36:51 UTC

RE: Java installation nightmare CentOS 5 - Ubuntu

Hi Walter
Would you care to elaborate and I will move over to Ubuntu Server and make
an observation on Wiki

What benefits do I receive?
Is the correct Sun JDK Java installed?
What version of Postgres is installed?

Any problems I might need to look out for

Thanks

Phil

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
De : "Philip Laing" <ph...@ascconsultants.com.au>
> Thank Jacques
>
> Yes I have just downloaded 7.10 and in the meantime have looked at java wiki
> info ... it looked to be a much better solution and most importantly the
> documentation is well planned and more ubundant ... on that note I would
> have to say documentaiton is where a lot of open source projects fall down.
> Once I get ofbiz up and running I will be more than happy to donate my time
> to the documentation as long as the wiki is easy to access

To acces the wiki you just have to create a profil. Then you can begin to work in your own pages and submit your work to integration
latter. For the pages you want to modify/add but have not yet access you can use comments and ask them for being included in the
page.

Jacques

Posted by Philip Laing <ph...@ascconsultants.com.au>.
Thank Jacques