Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Yueming Xu <yx...@vitria.com> on 2001/10/19 04:40:31 UTC

Possible XMLFilter implementation bugs

Hi, I tried to use stylesheet chaining, and found the following strange
behavior of the XMLFilter implementation.  To confirm them, you can use the
attached java file and test.xsl and test.xml.

(1) Run java FilterChain, you'll see the <?xml ... ?> and the commented
DOCTYPE in the output, even though the test.xsl specifies to omit xml
declaration.

(2) If  you uncomment the setOutputProperty() in FilterChain, FilterChain
will no longer output <?xml ... ?>, but the commented DOCTYPE still shows up
in the output.

(3) If you uncomment the DOCTYPE in test.xml, java FilterChain will fail,
even though FilterChain has specifically setEntityResolver to ignore any
entity resolution.

Could these be bugs, or am I not using it correctly?

Thanks,
Yueming