Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Yao, Guang" <Gu...@teamtki.com> on 2001/03/15 23:39:55 UTC

Please help: Class loading problem using Struts 1.0b-1

Hi,

I am developing a web application using Struts 1.0-b1. The application runs
well on WinNT machine, however after it was moved to Windows 2000 platform,
exceptions were thrown because ActionForm and Action instances can not be
instantiated successfully. The following is the detail from servlet.log:

----
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java, Compiled Code)
	at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Exception.java, Compiled Code)
	at
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException.<init>(ClassNotFoundException.java,
Compiled Code)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java, Compiled Code)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java, Compiled
Code)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java, Compiled Code)
	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java,
Compiled Code)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java, Compiled Code)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java,
Compiled Code)
	at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java, Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.processActionCreate(ActionServlet.jav
a:1575)
	at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1526)

The version of the JVM we are using is 1.2.2.

I don't understand why Struts can not load those classes, since I can
instantiate the same classes from a JSP file by using
Class.forName(classname). Any thought why this happen? You help is highly
appreciated !

Thanks,

- Guang