Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/06 12:23:55 UTC

About SNAPSHOT on people.apache.org

Hi guys,

infra  (Joe Scheafer) did some massive cleanup on people.apache.org
maven repository, deleting all the SNAPSHOTs older than 30 days (and I
think a crontab task will be activated to do so every month).

Many mails has been excahnge don the infra mailing list about it, with
some very valid points made : this is not a place where SNAPSHOTs should
remain forever.

I looked at MINA SNAPSHOTs :
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/mina/mina-core/

We have dozens of them, for versions which has been released years ago.
Is there a need to keep those SNAPSHOTs at all on people.apache.org
anyway? Directory project is using maven from day one, wand we never
stored SNAPSHOTs on people.apache.org, so I'm wondering if it's a good
idea to do it for MINA...

In any case, we should not have any SNAPSHOT for a release version,
that's for sure !

thoughts ?

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org

Re: About SNAPSHOT on people.apache.org

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 12:23 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In any case, we should not have any SNAPSHOT for a release version, that's
> for sure !

Agreed. And I think that we should only keep one version around for
snapshots. Hopefully, Brett (as mentioned on the infra list) will get
that script done that does that check automatically.
/niklas