Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Cheyenne Forbes <ch...@gmail.com> on 2016/12/26 10:52:45 UTC

How many servers are need to put Phoenix in production?

When I say how many I mean, should 1 be dedicated to hbase region, 1 to
hbase master and 1 to zookeeper

Re: How many servers are need to put Phoenix in production?

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
You should really work backwards from your use cases. The amount of
hardware you need is dependent on your requirements and what else you're
going to be running on the hardware. You're not likely to get a good
answer here because the question is so open-ended.

Posted by Cheyenne Forbes <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Heppner <he...@gmail.com>.
I don't think anyone will be able to tell you to use a specific number of
servers. A general rule to follow is to put an HBase RegionServer on each
of your HDFS DataNodes.

--
Mark Heppner