Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Warren Togami <wt...@redhat.com> on 2005/06/02 11:24:02 UTC

Re: Want to get 3.0.4 out ... Still need reviews.

Theo Van Dinter wrote:
> On Sat, May 28, 2005 at 07:49:08AM -1000, Warren Togami wrote:
>
>>On the other hand 3.0.4 seems to be *done*.  How many bugs fixed now?
>>Why not release?
>

> There's still at least 2 more that I'd like to see committed first.
> Specifically 4171, which backports most of Message and Message/Node to
> fix various issues related to parsing.  (if anyone still thinks it's not
> important, the specific issue could be considered a DoS...)
>
> 4171 still needs some review, btw, if other committers (it's a security
> ticket so it's not public,) have a minute, I'd appreciate it.

Hi, is 4171 still the only blocker for release?  Have any other changes
gone into 3.0.x since this post?

Warren Togami
wtogami@redhat.com

Re: Want to get 3.0.4 out ... Still need reviews.

Posted by "Malte S. Stretz" <ms...@gmx.net>.
On Monday 06 June 2005 10:52 CET Daryl C. W. O'Shea wrote:
> Malte S. Stretz wrote:
> > You mean Tuesday 04.00 UTC? :)
>
> Nah, Monday 16:00 UTC. :p

Oh, so the day starts with 12am and 12pm is noon?  Hmmm... at least the date
06/06/2005 isn't ambiguous.  *sigh* when will you guys finally start using
the metric system and reasonable time formats? ;~)

Cheers,
Malte

--
[SGT] Simon G. Tatham: "How to Report Bugs Effectively"
      <http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html>

Re: Want to get 3.0.4 out ... Still need reviews.

Posted by "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca>.
Malte S. Stretz wrote:
> You mean Tuesday 04.00 UTC? :)

Nah, Monday 16:00 UTC. :p

Daryl

Re: Want to get 3.0.4 out ... Still need reviews.

Posted by "Malte S. Stretz" <ms...@gmx.net>.
On Monday 06 June 2005 03:48 CET Theo Van Dinter wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 01:02:04PM +1200, Sidney Markowitz wrote:
> > +1!
>
> I'm +1 as well. :)

+1!!!1111oneleven

> I've built up the files, give them a once over:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~felicity/sssh/
>
> If there aren't any issues by 12pm on Monday, I'll push it out to the
> release area and announce Monday night after the mirrors get synculated.

You mean Tuesday 04.00 UTC? :)

Cheers,
Malte

Posted by Michael Parker <pa...@pobox.com>.

Re: Want to get 3.0.4 out ... Still need reviews.

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 01:02:04PM +1200, Sidney Markowitz wrote:
> +1!

I'm +1 as well. :)

I've built up the files, give them a once over:

http://people.apache.org/~felicity/sssh/

If there aren't any issues by 12pm on Monday, I'll push it out to the release
area and announce Monday night after the mirrors get synculated.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"I hear that if you play the NT 4.0 CD backwards, you get a Satanic message!

Re: Want to get 3.0.4 out ... Still need reviews.

Posted by Sidney Markowitz <si...@sidney.com>.
Duncan Findlay said:
> I think we need numeric expressions of enthusiasm toward the release.

+1!

Re: Want to get 3.0.4 out ... Still need reviews.

Posted by "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca>.
Duncan Findlay wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 05, 2005 at 07:13:42PM -0400, Daryl C. W. O'Shea wrote:
>>OK, everything we want in is in, lets do it.
>
> I think we need numeric expressions of enthusiasm toward the
> release.
> +1

I think that's the funniest thing I've heard all week!

+1 for 3.0.4 release.

Daryl

Re: Want to get 3.0.4 out ... Still need reviews.

Posted by Duncan Findlay <du...@debian.org>.

Posted by "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca>.

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 05:00:40PM -0400, Daryl C. W. O'Shea wrote:
> I'd like to see 4080, 4328 and 4385 checked in though.  They're all
> really trivial.

Ok folks...  I really want to get 3.0.4 out RSN, so here's what left, they're
both minor:

4328    [review] Filename Not Found when Parsing Message
reopened because the last patch apparently didn't actually fix the issue, damn
it.  still a minor patch, needs 1 more review.

4080	[review] FORGED_YAHOO_RCVD triggers false positives.  looks like
a 1 line patch (already in 3.1) would fix this.  I don't know how many
more votes this one needs (the patch is the diff from the 3.1 commit...)
I think we need just 1 more.

The other two in the queue (3949 and 4079) can be skipped for 3.0.4 imo.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
Edna: "Excuse me, I've got to powder my mouth flaps."

Re: Want to get 3.0.4 out ... Still need reviews.

Posted by "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca>.

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.
On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 09:45:20PM +1200, Sidney Markowitz wrote:
> Theo, can you check it in? Or is there some other process to go through
> for security bugs?

I believe typically we have been waiting until being close to the release to
commit it.  We should also make it available to any vendors and such who don't
follow our releases.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"It's been a few years since I really looked at NFS, so you can slap

Re: Want to get 3.0.4 out ... Still need reviews.

Posted by Sidney Markowitz <si...@sidney.com>.
Warren Togami said:
> Hi, is 4171 still the only blocker for release?

It's the only one of the original four that Theo listed that is not
checked in and closed. I see that it now has enough votes to be chcked
in.

Theo, can you check it in? Or is there some other process to go through
for security bugs?

 -- sidney