Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Lawonna Daves <la...@yahoo.com> on 2002/09/17 08:33:27 UTC

[users@httpd] Connection Refused When Contacting Localhost

I have an Apache 1.3.26 installation on a SuSE 8.0
machine which works fine at 127.0.0.1, but not at
localhost, the machine's IP address or the host name.
I get a "Connection was refused when attempting to
contact localhost" error. I get a "connection closed
by foreign host" report when I telnet localhost or
127.0.0.1, after it appears to negotiate the
connection. I get a "cannot connect to host" error
when I attempt to connect to 192.168.10.10.

I have the servername set to "localhost". I have two
entries in the /etc/hosts file 127.0.0.1 localhost and
192.168.10.10 host.domain host. I get the same
messages as root and a local user. It happens as well
when I cut the firewall off.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm
stumped. LD