Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Rajesh parab <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2006/11/01 00:55:23 UTC

Question on storing object hierarchy in Lucene Index

Hi,

Lets consider the following object structure.

The objects Y and Z does not have an existance on their own. They are owned by object X.

How do we effectively search such object structure using Lucene? The way I see is to denormalize this object structure and save the values of X, Y and Z in same field separated by some separator. During searh, again combine the values of X, Y and Z while constructing the query.

Are there any best practices around storing the such data structure inside Lucene Index?

Regards,
Rajesh