Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "thierry.henrio" <th...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/23 21:34:22 UTC

as a user, i would like mvnrepository.com to provide classifier information for testng dependency

though,
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-surefire-plugin/examples/testng.html
does provide it

i followed http://www.mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.testng/testng/5.8
instructions and my build failed
so, i installed file manually ... but i was concerned about a distant team
to have a good build based on the pom i used

wouldn't it be consistent and user-friendly to provide usable dependency
information on http://www.mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.testng/testng/5.8 ?

this could apply to one artifact using classifier

Re: as a user, i would like mvnrepository.com to provide classifier information for testng dependency

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
I don't know who runs mvnrepository.com and no one on this list has
ever claimed ownership (that I know of). So, I don't think randomly
sending this email to this list will ever actually make anything
happen on that site.

Of course, you're free to find the owner of the site and email your
suggestions directly. Whether or not they decide to implement them is
another thing...

Wayne