Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by "José J. Rodriguez" <jo...@cenpalab.cu> on 2018/08/14 21:01:47 UTC

NB 9 release still won't find updates or plugins.

The problems I mentioned over on the netcat list with the updates and
plugins repos are still present on the NB 9 release. I have tried over
squid and privoxy, as well as over tor (socks5) with no luck. There is
no problem accessing the catalog files over all these connection
methods, in a web browser. In the squid access.log, you can see that
netbeans does seem to have access to the catalogs (http codes 200 and
302), so I am more baffled than ever. Here is a sample of the logs,
FWIW, though they will be hard to read as the email wraps them shorter:

1534279628.034    255 192.168.2.30 TCP_MISS/302 715 GET
http://netbeans.apache.org/nb/updates/9.0/updates.xml.gz downloads
STANDBY_POOL/10.25.1.229 text/html
1534279658.306    259 192.168.2.30 TCP_MISS/302 897 GET
http://netbeans-vm.apache.org/uc/9.0/updates.xml.gz downloads
STANDBY_POOL/10.25.1.229 text/html
1534279688.586    265 192.168.2.30 TCP_MISS/302 530 GET
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua? downloads STANDBY_POOL/10.25.1.229 -
1534279718.717     42 192.168.2.30 TCP_MISS/200 84409 GET
http://www-eu.apache.org/dist/incubator/netbeans/incubating-netbeans-java/incubating-9.0/nbms/updates.xml.gz
downloads STANDBY_POOL/10.25.1.229 application/x-gzip
1534279748.631     14 192.168.2.30 TCP_MISS/200 4831 GET
http://plugins.netbeans.org/nbpluginportal/updates/9.0/catalog.xml.gz
downloads STANDBY_POOL/10.25.1.229 application/gzip

I even tried having a look inside the netbeans source code, to see about
increasing timeouts or something, but it's way too big and complex for
me, at least whithout a lot of guidance... :D

Any ideas would be welcome.

Regards,
Joe1962

Re: NB 9 release still won't find updates or plugins.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Using+8.2+Plugins+in+9.0

Please add the info to the above, and where would it be best to link the
above so everyone can see it easily?

Gj

Posted by Boris Heithecker <bo...@gmx.net>.
I've got a couple more suggestions for improvements of the Updater UI.
Going to discuss them on the dev list and implement them. I only need to
find a spare minute to start with it.
Boris

--
Boris Heithecker

Dr. Boris Heithecker
Lüneburger Str. 30
28870 Ottersberg
Tel.: 0 42 05/ 31 58 34

Re: NB 9 release still won't find updates or plugins.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.

Posted by * William <wi...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for that Geetjan,

It is still a short list (as noted previously).. One critical omission is
the Gradle plugin.

I went back to my Netbeans 8.2 and copied the URL-s from there:

   - http://plugins.netbeans.org/nbpluginportal/updates/8.2/catalog.xml.gz

I was able to install from there.  I then saw another post from Marco Ambu
suggesting this source as well.

Also installed and apparently going OK ...

   - Markdown support
   - Toggle line wrap
   - Editor zoom
   - of course Gradle

Seems like it would be good to have a wiki page or some such were people
who have had a plugin working 'acceptably' could vote-up / vote-down.  That
might give us an indicator of what may be useful or a waste of time.

I still think the plugins should have an About button on the Options panel
with source location and source URL in their information sheet in the
Plugin manager.

Anyway that's 4 of them.

Best wishes beaners

... Will

On 15 August 2018 at 08:36, Geertjan Wielenga <
geertjan.wielenga@googlemail.com.invalid> wrote:

> Can you read this, please: https://blogs.apache.org/netbeans/entry/what-s-
> happened-to-my
>
> You will read about using this plugin portal: http://updates.netbeans.org/
> netbeans/updates/8.2/uc/final/distribution/catalog.xml.gz
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gj

aloha,
         \_w_/
 ___________________________________

Re: [MASSMAIL]Re: NB 9 release still won't find updates or plugins.

Posted by "José J. Rodriguez" <jo...@cenpalab.cu>.
Geertjan Wielenga wrote:
> Can you read this, please:
> https://blogs.apache.org/netbeans/entry/what-s-happened-to-my
>
> You will read about using this plugin portal:
> http://updates.netbeans.org/netbeans/updates/8.2/uc/final/distribution/catalog.xml.gz

Sorry it took so long to get back.

Geertjan, I read the original message regarding the plugin repos back
when it was sent to the list, but that is not my issue. The thing is,
the Apache Netbeans updates and plugin repos do have some content and I
can download the catalog files just fine over a browser, but Netbeans
always fails to do so.

For reference, I am wondering if everybody here connects directly, or do
the updates and plugins repos work for anybody else using a proxy like me?

FWIW, the old netbeans repos have the same problem for me, with the
added complexity that I have to access them over tor, since they are
blocked from my country.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Can you read this, please:
https://blogs.apache.org/netbeans/entry/what-s-happened-to-my

You will read about using this plugin portal:
http://updates.netbeans.org/netbeans/updates/8.2/uc/final/distribution/catalog.xml.gz

Thanks,

Gj