Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Cameron Gandevia <cg...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/11 10:19:04 UTC

Log4jAppender Hostname Interceptor

Hi

Is it possible to register the Hostname Interceptor when using the
log4jappender? I would like to add the hostname header of the machine that
generated the log event without modifying the event body.

Thanks

Re: Log4jAppender Hostname Interceptor

Posted by Cameron Gandevia <cg...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Thanks for the reply. You are correct we use the log4jappender without
running a local agent to send events to second tier remote agents. We would
like the header to reflect the host of the original event not the remote
agent. Just wanted to make sure this functionality didn't already exist
before I worked on a patch.

--
Thanks

Cameron Gandevia