Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Andrew Hughes <ah...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/18 04:24:06 UTC

Unpack/Modify/Repack Dependency Artifact.... then Release?

Hi All,

I'm looking into this and will contribute it back to the opensource Java
Spatial server project geoserver: http://geoserver.org.

Geoserver is a war that serve's up geospatial web services (maps for
example) based on its configuration and source data. By default this is
stored in the geoserver.war:./data/**

I would like to be able to do the following inside a maven project:

   - Have a maven project with ./src/main/config storing the geoserver's
   config (easy, done!)
   - Download the artifact dependency geoserver.war
   - Unpack the geoserver.war
   - Replace the unpacked geoserver.war:/data directory with the contents
   of ./src/main/config/**
   - Repackage the war as  the standard war name from the mvn package
   plugin/goal
   - Do releases on that built artifact

Optionally, I would also like to deploy this war to an embedded app server
(cargo like)... but I will worry about that once I get past the above
milestones.

I'm really lost on the way to tie all this together. Especially with the
release cycle and everything working "out of the box" for the next person
that wants to do the same thing.

Any help would be EXCELLENT!!!