Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de> on 2008/12/01 13:43:39 UTC

Can't print PDF version of UIMA Tutorial and Developer's Guide

I can't print page 32 of the developer's guide.  This is on
Windows with both Acrobat 8 and 9.  Has anybody else seen
this?

--Thilo

Re: Can't print PDF version of UIMA Tutorial and Developer's Guide

Posted by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de>.
Hi Marshall,

thanks for looking into this.

Marshall Schor wrote:
> I too can't print pg 32 (that's the "printed" page number - which is
> actually page 38 when you select print page # in the "print" menu
> option), getting the error "The document could not be printed" followed
> by: There were no pages selected to print.
>
> Googling this I found several other people had this same issue, and it
> seems to be appearing in Adobe Reader 8 and 9 versions.
>
> I regenerated the document using FOP 0.95 (previously we were on version
> 0.93) from our current version 2.3 of the docs, and the error went
> away.  Just to confirm, generating using FOP 0.93 from our current
> version 2.3 of the docs produces the failure.
>
> So - without understanding the cause of the error, it appears we can
> avoid it by upgrading our FOP to 0.95.
>
> I haven't done it yet, but plan to run a 0.95 build on the official
> 2.2.2 level - to confirm it fixes things on that level too.  If it
> works, I'll repost the failing PDF on the web site, at least.  We can't
> update our 2.2.2 release without doing a new incremental official
> release, which I don't think is worth doing for now (other opinions?).

+1 to fixing the documentation on the web site, and leaving
the distribution docs for the next release.  I'd like to
eventually (within the next 3 months or so) get a release
out that has the type system serialization fix in that I
committed yesterday, but there's no rush.  We have quite a
few bug fixes in trunk, so we could start thinking about
getting ready for another release early next year, IMO.

--Thilo

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Posted by Tong Fin <to...@gmail.com>.
I have the same problem.