Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Eric Pugh <ep...@opensourceconnections.com> on 2005/11/29 15:16:22 UTC

Turbine 2 Gump has weird prereq

Hi all,

I have just finished untangling the circular dependency between
Turbine and Fulcrum Intake.   So, I expected the build to run
perfectly...  I just checked the Turbine page:
http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/jakarta-turbine-2/jakarta-
turbine-2/index.html

and it says that it failed:

This project failed due to: Project: struts-action
Now, what I can't figure out is how struts-action is being included
as a prereq for the Turbine build..  I check the jakarta-
turbine-2.xml file, and it doesn't mention struts-action or *struts*
anywhere!

Maybe related is the fact that the previously failing Turbine Fulcrum
components now pass, except for Fulcrum Quartz:

http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/jakarta-turbine-fulcrum/fulcrum-
quartz/index.html

who is failing due to the same struts-action prerequisite!

So close to a good build, yet still not there!

Eric

Re: Turbine 2 Gump has weird prereq

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.
> Now, insofar as why fulcrum-quartz is failing, I see the chain of
> logic.  I couldn't figure out why Quartz would depend on struts, but  I
> forgot they added a webapp for Quartz, which uses struts, which is  now
> failing.  So, I guess there is nothing I can do right now...   Argh.
>
> At any rate, hopefully jakarta-turbine-2 will now build cleanly, and
> thanks for all your help!

Build the webapp in a seperate gump project could be an option ?

Mvgr,
Martin

Re: Turbine 2 Gump has weird prereq

Posted by "Eric Pugh (OSC2)" <ep...@opensourceconnections.com>.
On Nov 29, 2005, at 10:51 PM, Bill Barker wrote:

> "Eric Pugh" <ep...@opensourceconnections.com> wrote in message
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have just finished untangling the circular dependency between
>> Turbine
>> and Fulcrum Intake.   So, I expected the build to run
>> perfectly...  I
>> just checked the Turbine page:
>> http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/jakarta-turbine-2/jakarta-
>> turbine-2/index.html
>>
>> and it says that it failed:
>>
>> This project failed due to: Project: struts-action
>> Now, what I can't figure out is how struts-action is being
>> included  as a
>> prereq for the Turbine build..  I check the jakarta- turbine-2.xml
>> file,
>> and it doesn't mention struts-action or *struts*  anywhere!
>>

> This one is from :
>   struts-action -> jakarta-turbine-jcs -> db-torque ->
> fulcrum-security-adapter-turbine
Okay, this chain makes sense for why fulcrum-security-adapter-turbine
is failing.  However, the main jakarta-turbine-2 project doesn't
include fulcrum-security-adapter-turbine as a dependency: http://
vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/jakarta-turbine-2/jakarta-turbine-2/
details.html.  However, it does include db-torque as a dependency,
which does seem to require struts-action.  And, after a bit of
digging around, I realized that db-torque was an old dependency that
is no longer required!  So that should sort out the jakarta-turbine-2
project.

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.