Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Andrew Hole <an...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/22 11:20:29 UTC

Single Sign On

Exists some way to implement Single Sign On without source code changes?

Could you tell me a little bit about Single Sign On?

Thanks a lot

Re: Single Sign On

Posted by Edmund Urbani <em...@liland.org>.
Andrew Hole wrote:
> Single sign on using valve is interesting, but is it possible use him if I
> have different application running in different tomcat instances?
>
> I think that only works with different applications under same tomcat
> instance.
>
> Thank you

You might want to take a look at the JOSSO project: http://www.josso.org/

I have not used JOSSO myself (yet), and I'm not sure whether you will be able to
use it without modifying your webapps (maybe with some custom valves, depending
on how your applications perform authentication), but it should be worth a try.

 Edmund

Re: Single Sign On

Posted by Mark Montague <ma...@umich.edu>.
On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 07:00, "Andrew Hole" <an...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Single sign on using valve is interesting, but is it possible use him if I
> have different application running in different tomcat instances?
>
> I think that only works with different applications under same tomcat
> instance.

For enterprise-wide single-sign-on to all web resources, whether
applications or static content, and with support for a wide variety of
web servers (including Tomcat, but also Apache HTTPD, Microsoft IIS, and
others), take a look at any of the following:

cosign - http://weblogin.org/
Pubcookie - http://www.pubcookie.org/
CAS - http://www.ja-sig.org/products/cas/
WebAuth - http://www.stanford.edu/services/webauth/

                Mark Montague
                ITCS Web/Database Production Team
                The University of Michigan
                markmont@umich.edu

Re: Single Sign On

Posted by Andrew Hole <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Single Sign On

Posted by Pid <p...@pidster.com>.

Re: Single Sign On

Posted by Gregor Schneider <rc...@googlemail.com>.
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/host.html#Single%20Sign%20On

Gregor
gpgp-fp: 79A84FA526807026795E4209D3B3FE028B3170B2