Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jack Cai <gr...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/06 09:04:54 UTC

Where to get the exact source code of tomcat6.exe and tomcat6w.exe

Hi,

I see that tomcat6.exe and tomcat6w.exe is precompiled and is presented as
is in Tomcat source code tree. Where can I find the exact source code for
this two EXE? I'm aware of the Apache Commons procrun project, but I'm not
sure whether tomcat6.exe and tomcat6w.exe are created from the latest
procrun source code. And modification required?

I appreciate if someone can shed some light on this. Thanks!

-Jack Cai

Re: Where to get the exact source code of tomcat6.exe and tomcat6w.exe

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
"Jack Cai" <gr...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I see that tomcat6.exe and tomcat6w.exe is precompiled and is presented as
> is in Tomcat source code tree. Where can I find the exact source code for
> this two EXE? I'm aware of the Apache Commons procrun project, but I'm not
> sure whether tomcat6.exe and tomcat6w.exe are created from the latest
> procrun source code. And modification required?
>
> I appreciate if someone can shed some light on this. Thanks!

Pretty much all of the procrun developers are also Tomcat developers.  As a
result, the latest version of tomcat6?.exe should be from the source of the
latest version of Commons-Daemon procrun.