Posted to dev@community.apache.org by jan i <ja...@apache.org> on 2015/07/16 16:55:24 UTC

Cwiki or wiki.

Hi

I am just wondering, why do we have the comdev pages on
cwiki and apacheCON on wiki ?

Is is historical reason, and if so should we not move apacheCON to sit
in the comdev space ?

rgds
jan I.

Re: Cwiki or wiki.

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.
On 16 July 2015 at 18:47, Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Nothing a little effort wouldn't solve, I would say.

I am all ears, to how you would do it, without conflicting with the wiki db.

rgds
jan i.

Re: Cwiki or wiki.

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Cwiki or wiki.

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
It is a process for and of growth...

Best regards,

Re: Cwiki or wiki.

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.
On 17 July 2015 at 15:39, Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> wrote:

> On 07/17/2015 09:06 AM, jan i wrote:
>
>> On 17 July 2015 at 14:37, Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> wrote:
>>
>>  Well, on a casual dig through, it looks like most of our event archive
>>> sites are sadly very broken. I'd like to get that fixed, but I can't
>>> promise I can find the time to do it myself. :(
>>>

>> How about a compromise, we leave all the old content in wiki, and copy the
>> front page to comdev cwiki, that way old links (broken or not) should be
>> kept.
>>
>> after the copy, we modify the front page in wiki to point at cwiki.
>>

> It would be well worth discussing with Infra, first, what their long term
> wiki plans are, so that we're not moving from one platform to another just
> to have another change next year.

good point, I will start that discussion.

rgds
jan I

Re: Cwiki or wiki.

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

Re: Cwiki or wiki.

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.

Re: Cwiki or wiki.

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

Re: Cwiki or wiki.

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
Most of the ones listed here -

Re: Cwiki or wiki.

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Cwiki or wiki.

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

Re: Cwiki or wiki.

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.
On 16 July 2015 at 17:07, Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> wrote:

> On 07/16/2015 10:55 AM, jan i wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I am just wondering, why do we have the comdev pages on
>> cwiki and apacheCON on wiki ?
>>
>> Is is historical reason, and if so should we not move apacheCON to sit
>> in the comdev space ?
>>

> I believe it's purely historical. My only concern with moving the
> ApacheCon wiki is preservation of URLs. If we can manage that, no worries.

Moving the wiki will be moving all URLs, I think it will be very difficult
to keep them.

Re: Cwiki or wiki.

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.