Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by ckuehne <co...@googlemail.com> on 2007/11/27 19:31:59 UTC

Ajax AutoCompleteTextField with hidden id-field

Hi,

I'd like my AutoCompleteTextField to behave as follows

- I want the names of my list items displayed (item.name)
- when I select one I want the item.name displayed in the AC-TextField

So far, so good. But ...

- internally I want the item.id  put into the request in order to select the
object corresponding to the item that was selected.

I came up with a solution like this
http://www.nabble.com/AutoCompleteTextfield---how-to-populate-two-input-fields-tf4592192.html

The problem is, that I don't want the user to see the internal item.id.

At the moment I am thinking of changing the js to put the item.id into a
hidden form field whose
value I could take from the request. But I find this solution a little
inelegant.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Conny