Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Gilles Scokart <gs...@hotmail.com> on 2005/09/26 16:36:45 UTC

[m2] Mojo, subproject and self-reference

I'm writting a mock generator and I need advice on how to organise my
project.  Amongst other module, I have :
- The genrator itself
- The runtime library used by the genrated code
- The Mojo that will launch the genrator from
+ All the unit test.

I wonder how to organise this into modules?

I guess that the decomposition I have should be nice, but I have a problem
for my unit tests.

Indeed, I would like to be self-testing.  I mean that I would like to use my
mock generator to make my tests.

One solution I have seen is to place the unit test into a separated module.
But I don't really like it.
An other one is to rely an a previous version of the mock generator being
already deployed on the repository.

Did you have already encounter similar problem ?  What is the best practice
?

Other question, maybe related : How did you make to test a plugin like
sure-fire?  Or how do you generate site docs for the site plugin ?

Re: [m2] Mojo, subproject and self-reference

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
This seems identical to the situation John Fallows is working through
at the moment:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/maven-users/200509.mbox/%3c83caac420509232133205ec957@mail.gmail.com%3e

- Brett