Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Stuart Belden <SB...@bjc.org> on 2004/02/20 18:37:09 UTC

New (sort of) Jetspeed-based site

Technically it's been up for around a year now, but we recently rolled out our new layout (a vast improvement over the circa '97 style that was there before) so it seems a fitting time to annouce it. :)   http://www.boone.org

The majority of portlets are Staff only, but there are a couple public portlets worth mentioning. All of the content is served through a modified WebSurfPortlet, which works with our very basic in-house CMS.  Two other non-trivial portlets are the job search / job application portlets (click employment link on left menu).  They are a simple example of linking from one portlet to another and using multiple vm templates in one portlet.  I'd be happy to answer questions about our experience with Jetspeed so far if there's an interest.

There used to be a "we use jetspeed" survey portlet; does that still exist somewhere?

RE: New (sort of) Jetspeed-based site

Posted by Mark Orciuch <ma...@ngsltd.com>.
> Technically it's been up for around a year now, but we recently
> rolled out our new layout (a vast improvement over the circa '97
> style that was there before) so it seems a fitting time to
> annouce it. :)   http://www.boone.org

Is it down right now (or is it just me)?

> There used to be a "we use jetspeed" survey portlet; does that
> still exist somewhere?

I think that Jetspeed Questionnaire Portlet is still available on
bluesunrise site. As far as I'm concerned, this initiative is dead because
most people are so secretive about their usage of Jetspeed. I'll be happy to
post it on the Sample Sites page
(http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/site/usejetspeed.html) - just send a
short description of the site.

Best regards,

Mark Orciuch - morciuch@apache.org
http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/

Re: email and calendar portlet examples

Posted by Bart Posselt <po...@systemsdefinition.com>.
I was looking for the same thing but haven't found much. There's a few
listed on Jetspeed's Web site
http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/site/community-portlets.html but the
email one is no longer available.

Bart

Posted by Gerry Reno <gr...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Stuart,
  I had taken a look at your site some time ago and it was ok.  But, I
just took a look at your new layout and it's terrific.  Very nice.
Good luck with it.

Gerry Reno

--- Stuart Belden <SB...@bjc.org> wrote:
> Technically it's been up for around a year now, but we recently
> rolled out our new layout (a vast improvement over the circa '97
> style that was there before) so it seems a fitting time to annouce
> it. :)   http://www.boone.org
>
> The majority of portlets are Staff only, but there are a couple
> public portlets worth mentioning. All of the content is served
> through a modified WebSurfPortlet, which works with our very basic
> in-house CMS.  Two other non-trivial portlets are the job search /
> job application portlets (click employment link on left menu).  They
> are a simple example of linking from one portlet to another and using
> multiple vm templates in one portlet.  I'd be happy to answer
> questions about our experience with Jetspeed so far if there's an
> interest.
>
> There used to be a "we use jetspeed" survey portlet; does that still
> exist somewhere?

> For additional commands, e-mail:
> jetspeed-user-help@jakarta.apache.org

=====
Gerry Reno
mailto: grenoml at@ yahoo dot. com
(if mail bounces please retry later - spam rapidly fills up mailbox)