Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Stefan Seifert <ss...@pro-vision.de> on 2001/07/06 13:34:25 UTC

[C2] Use Cocoon 2/Avalaon Connection Pool in JSP Page?

Scenario: Tomcat Application with Cocoon 2 and some JSP Pages in the
same context, i.e. the Cocoon Servler ist mapped to <context>/cocoon,
the rest is directly served via Tomcat.

Is it possible to get a JDBC Connection from the already for ESQL
defined Cocoon 2/Avalong JDBC Datasource Pool?

I looked in the XSP source files from Cocoon, but the entry point there
is always the "ComponentManager" from Avalon, and i have no idea how to
get a handle to the ComponenManager from a standanlone JSP page.

Can anyone point me in the right direction, or is this impossible at all
(in this case i would have to use parallel a second pooling mechanism,
which is undermines the effect of the pooling quite a bit).

Stefan