Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Altenau, Maureen D CECOM RDEC C2D" <Ma...@mail1.monmouth.army.mil> on 2001/10/11 16:29:30 UTC

namespace delcaration

I am porting XML application software from a Windows platform to a Solaris
platform.  I am getting errors with the "namespace" declaration.  Is this a
compiler specific declaration or is it platform specific?  One of my
co-workers thought it was platform specific.  I was leaning toward it being
compiler specific.

Thanks for the help
Maureen

Re: namespace delcaration

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>.
"Murray Cumming" <mu...@t-online.de> writes:

> On Thu, 2001-10-11 at 16:29, Altenau, Maureen D CECOM RDEC C2D wrote:
> > I am porting XML application software from a Windows platform to a Solaris
> > platform.  I am getting errors with the "namespace" declaration.  Is this a
> > compiler specific declaration or is it platform specific?
>
> This is off-topic as there's no namespaces used in Xercesc-C++

Hey Murray,

Please relax a little? I think the xerces installation issue has you a
little edgy.

Maureen has been writing in with a number of basic questions, and has
indicated that she's working on unix which is unfamiliar, and porting
someone elses project and would like to use Xerces.

So, if you don't want to take the time to be constructive, fine.

But posting your irritation to the list doesn't help.
jas.

Re: namespace delcaration

Posted by Murray Cumming <mu...@t-online.de>.
On Thu, 2001-10-11 at 16:29, Altenau, Maureen D CECOM RDEC C2D wrote:
> I am porting XML application software from a Windows platform to a Solaris
> platform.  I am getting errors with the "namespace" declaration.  Is this a
> compiler specific declaration or is it platform specific?

This is off-topic as there's no namespaces used in Xercesc-C++

One of my
> co-workers thought it was platform specific.  I was leaning toward it being
> compiler specific.

That's nonsense. Compiler errors are obviously compiler-specific.
However, not all compilers are equally available/popular on all
platforms.

Re: namespace delcaration

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>.
"Altenau, Maureen D CECOM RDEC C2D" <Ma...@mail1.monmouth.army.mil> writes:

> I am porting XML application software from a Windows platform to a Solaris
> platform.  I am getting errors with the "namespace" declaration.  Is this a
> compiler specific declaration or is it platform specific?  One of my
> co-workers thought it was platform specific.  I was leaning toward it being
> compiler specific.

Hey Maureen,

An exact description of the problem is most useful. What is the
compile line, what is the error, and what is the code causing the
problem (all as brief as possible, of course ;-).

C++ namespace implementation (as opposed to XML namespace
implementation) is a compiler issue, not a platform issue.

jas.