Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Roger Leigh <rl...@codelibre.net> on 2020/05/12 20:34:23 UTC

Releasing Xalan-C++ 1.12

Hi folks,

I have commit access to the source repository, but it seems I don't have
access to the website at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xalan/site/docs/xalan/xalan-c

Would it be possible to be permitted access?

The reason for this is that I would like, as a prerequisite to making a
1.12 release, to make the new documentation at
https://apache.github.io/xalan-c/ the official documentation and API
reference for the project.  As such, I would like to place a .htaccess
file with suitable redirects on the website so that all of the
documentation links redirect to the new pages for the 1.12 release.

Additionally, I might need write access to add the release artefacts at

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/xalan/xalan-c/

Would it be possible to grant access to this as well?

Many thanks,

Roger Leigh

Re: Releasing Xalan-C++ 1.12

Posted by Roger Leigh <rl...@codelibre.net>.
On 13/05/2020 15:50, Bill Blough wrote:

> On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 08:29:47AM +0100, Roger Leigh wrote:
>> To follow up,
>>

>> I have been able to commit and push to xalan-site (git).  However, I'm not
>> sure that directly affected the production website.  I assume there's some
>> job which updates the site from version control, but I don't know if that's
>> been updated to work with the new git repo.  Does anyone know how this
>> works, and who is responsible for it?
> As I understand it, it's all controlled by the .asf.yaml configuration [1].
> So pushing a .asf.yaml file with the appropriate config to the
> appropriate branch should make it happen automatically from that point
> forward.
>
> Though, looking at the docs, it doesn't seem possible to specify an arbitrary
> directory to deploy from, so we might have to move the contents of docs/xalan
> to /content or /output to make it work correctly.
>

> A .asf.yaml with
>

> publish:
>      whoami:  master
>

> committed to the root of master and docs/xalan moved to /content should do
> the trick, I think.
>

> [1]https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/.asf.yaml+features+for+git+repositories

Thanks Bill, that's now working.

I couldn't get it to work from a /content directory, even with pelican
enabled which is what the linked docs say it's for.  As a result I moved
all the content to the root, and the website is still being served OK.
If I could find out how to do that then I could look at moving the
content from gh-pages directly to the xalan-site repository.  Though it
might well require the root page to be converted to markdown, too.  I
didn't want to mess with that for now.  However, if there are no
objections to dropping stylebook in favour of simple markdown, I'll be
happy to convert that--it's only a single page plus some links.  It
might not look as nice though; I'm no designer.

Kind regards,

Roger

Re: Releasing Xalan-C++ 1.12

Posted by Bill Blough <de...@blough.us.INVALID>.

--
GPG: 5CDD 0C9C F446 BC1B 2509  8791 1762 E022 7034 CF84

Re: Releasing Xalan-C++ 1.12

Posted by Roger Leigh <rl...@codelibre.net>.
To follow up,

I have been able to commit and push to xalan-site (git).  However, I'm
not sure that directly affected the production website.  I assume
there's some job which updates the site from version control, but I
don't know if that's been updated to work with the new git repo.  Does
anyone know how this works, and who is responsible for it?

Thanks again,

Roger

Re: Releasing Xalan-C++ 1.12

Posted by Roger Leigh <rl...@codelibre.net>.