Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/17 01:31:37 UTC

FYI: Tika is voting to graduate to a Lucene subproject

Dear Lucene and Incubator PMCs,

Based on previous discussions about Tika's future and current status,
I have now started the graduation process for Tika to become a Lucene
subproject. As described in [1], the process consists of three votes:
one for the Tika community, one for Lucene PMC, and one for Incubator
PMC. For more background on Tika and it's current status, see the Tika
status page at [2] (I just updated the page, the updates should go
public shortly).

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#subproject
[2] http://incubator.apache.org/projects/tika.html

BR,