Posted to announce@couchdb.apache.org by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org> on 2013/04/02 19:58:54 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache CouchDB 1.2.2 has been released

Dear community,

Apache CouchDB 1.2.2 has been released and is available for download.

CouchDB is a database that completely embraces the web. Store your data
with JSON documents. Access your documents with your web browser, via HTTP.
Query, combine, and transform your documents with JavaScript. CouchDB works
well with modern web and mobile apps. You can even serve web apps directly
out of CouchDB. And you can distribute your data, or your apps, efficiently
using CouchDB’s incremental replication. CouchDB supports master-master
setups with automatic conflict detection.

Grab your copy here:

    http://couchdb.apache.org/

Pre-built packages for Windows and OS X are available.

This is a bugfix release

These release notes are based on the CHANGES file.

HTTP Interface

     * Reset rewrite counter on new request, avoiding unnecessary request
       failures due to bogus rewrite limit reports.

Build System

     * Fixed issue in couchdb script where stopped status returns before
       process exits.

NS

Re: Apache CouchDB 1.2.2 - strange

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
Cool. Thanks for the post-mortem, Dave. There's a reason the release
procedure is so long. Every time I make a mistake, I add something to it. ;)

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <dc...@jsonified.com>.

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <dc...@jsonified.com>.

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <dc...@jsonified.com>.
Hi Marten,

Posted by Marten Feldtmann <it...@schrievkrom.de>.

Posted by Nick North <no...@gmail.com>.
I've had errors in the past installing new Windows CouchDb releases over
old ones. It works better to back up your databases and config, uninstall
the old version, install the new one, and restore the databases and config.
But the weird naming thing suggests something else might be going on in
your case as well.

Nick

Apache CouchDB 1.2.2 - strange

Posted by Marten Feldtmann <it...@schrievkrom.de>.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache CouchDB 1.2.2 has been released

Posted by Алекс Zatvornitskiy <a....@gmail.com>.
Great news! We're waiting 2.0.0

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <dc...@jsonified.com>.
Hi Andrew,

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
Hopefully, we'll have rebar by this point.

--
NS

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache CouchDB 1.2.2 has been released

Posted by Andrew Melo <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Noah

Posted by Nestor Urquiza <ne...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Noah. Looking forward for the integration!
- Nestor

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
Nestor,

--
NS

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache CouchDB 1.2.2 has been released

Posted by Nestor Urquiza <ne...@gmail.com>.
Great news.

Posted by Lance Carlson <la...@gmail.com>.
This is awesome!