Posted to user@struts.apache.org by mgjessup <mj...@yahoo.com> on 2009/02/12 15:16:25 UTC

struts.i18n.reload problem

I am looking to learn struts and just downloaded the latest copy (2.1.6). I
installed the example blank application in a copy of tomcat I already had
running (6.0.14) and its runs successfully. However I have been "playing"
with it including changing the properties files, but I can't get them to
automatically reload (I reinsatlled a fresh copy of the example in trying to
solve this). In looking through the docs it seems like setting either
struts.devMode or struts.i18n.reload to true should accomplish this. I have
tried numerous combinations of these along with
struts.configuration.xml.reload, both in the WEB-INF/classes/struts.xml
file:

<constant name="struts.devMode" value="true" />
<constant name="struts.i18n.reload" value="true" />

I also tried creating a struts.properties file in the same directory with

struts.devMode = true
struts.i18n.reload = true

but when I attempt to change one of the entries in
WEB-INF/classes/example/package.properties (or the _es file) it doesn't seem
to be picked up (unless the web-app/server is restarted). Not sure if there
is some other configuration I am missing, or if it is getting overridden by
another property/ configuration file. Any ideas would be appreciated.