Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Alexis Lendaris <le...@cs.man.ac.uk> on 2002/08/14 11:18:08 UTC

dynamically adding handlers

Hi,
I am trying to find a way to dynamically add a (custom) handler to the Axis engine. Is that possible? How?
In other words I am trying to avoid having to use configuration files, especially on the client.
I've tried things like getting the MessageContext from the Call object and then the SOAPService or SOAPMessage but they are both null. The reason is I'm trying to add security extensions to my messages. I can add the Headers separately but I need to modify the body of the message to contain some "id" as required by the SOAP signature spec.
Thanks
Alexis