Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Andy Gumbrecht <ag...@tomitribe.com> on 2014/04/24 11:39:39 UTC

Donating to Apache

Hi Infra - You guys and gals rock,

It struck me this morning after making a comment about 'donating to your
favourite open source project' that I had not done that this year myself
- Hypocrite :-[ .

What better than to feed our own stomachs I thought, and headed here -
http://apache.org/

It then actually took quite some digging (minutes in fact) to finally
make it here - http://www.apache.org/foundation/contributing.html

I think we really need as a community to get that link on the front page
at the very top. I'm sure we are missing a lot of 'on a whim' donations
due to that.

What I'd really like to see is the PayPal and Amazon fields right on the
front page.

What do you think?

Andy.

--
   Andy Gumbrecht

   http://www.tomitribe.com
   agumbrecht@tomitribe.com
   https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe

   TomEE treibt Tomitribe! | http://tomee.apache.org

Re: Donating to Apache

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.
On 24 April 2014 11:39, Andy Gumbrecht <ag...@tomitribe.com> wrote:

> Hi Infra - You guys and gals rock,
>
> It struck me this morning after making a comment about 'donating to your
> favourite open source project' that I had not done that this year myself -
> Hypocrite :-[ .
>
> What better than to feed our own stomachs I thought, and headed here -
> http://apache.org/
>
> It then actually took quite some digging (minutes in fact) to finally make
> it here - http://www.apache.org/foundation/contributing.html
>
> I think we really need as a community to get that link on the front page
> at the very top. I'm sure we are missing a lot of 'on a whim' donations due
> to that.
>
> What I'd really like to see is the PayPal and Amazon fields right on the
> front page.
>
> What do you think?

+1, together with more visibility on what we do with the donations.

I heard at apacheCon Denver, that there are work ongoing/starting to give
us a new look.

rgds
jan I