Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Matt Benson <gu...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/12 22:17:53 UTC

[weaver] site discussion

Back in the fall the observation was made that the [weaver] site did not
well explain the purpose of the component. I attempted to address the
issue, but apparently without success. The index page has, just a few items
in:  What can these do for me? with a link to quite a detailed discussion
of the privilizer module as an example of the kind of thing that is
possible. The page goes on to describe the two mechanisms provided for
setting up your project. I'm sure the problem lies in my own personal
oddness, but I'm afraid I will need specific direction as to what is
lacking here if significant improvement is to be made.

Thanks,
Matt

Re: [weaver] site discussion

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.
Hi Matt,

Am 12.02.2014 22:17, schrieb Matt Benson:
> Back in the fall the observation was made that the [weaver] site did not
> well explain the purpose of the component. I attempted to address the
> issue, but apparently without success. The index page has, just a few items
> in:  What can these do for me? with a link to quite a detailed discussion
> of the privilizer module as an example of the kind of thing that is
> possible. The page goes on to describe the two mechanisms provided for
> setting up your project. I'm sure the problem lies in my own personal
> oddness, but I'm afraid I will need specific direction as to what is
> lacking here if significant improvement is to be made.
>
> Thanks,
> Matt

to be honest, I did not spend too much time browsing the documentation.

There are indeed several links referencing pages in sub modules. Maybe
the problem is just that the information is there, but distributed. If
there was a single page referenced from index.html containing a small
getting started tutorial with a few examples, it would be easier to
understand what you can do with [weaver].

Oliver