Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/01 20:59:24 UTC

Re: Solr Distributed Search throws org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Form_too_large Exception

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 12:14 AM, GiriGG <gi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to do a distributed search and getting the below error. Please
> let me know if you know how to solve this issue.
>
> 18:20:28,202 ERROR [STDERR] Caused by:
> org.apache.solr.common.SolrException:
> *Form_too_large*
> __javalangIllegalStateException_Form_too_large__at_orgmortbayjettyRequestextractParametersRequestjava1273__at_orgmortbayjettyRequestgetParameterMapRequestjava650__
>
> at_orgapachesolrrequestServletSolrParamsinitServletSolrParamsjava29__at_orgapachesolrservletStandardRequestParserparseParamsAndFillStreamsSolrRequestParsersjava392__

I guess your query string is too large (more than the limit for an HTTP GET
request). Use a http post request instead of get and it should work fine.

To do that, create your own HttpClient with method as POST and pass that
client to CommonsHttpSolrServer constructor.

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: Solr Distributed Search throws org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Form_too_large Exception

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
Or if you must for some reason, you can raise the limit with the following
system property:

org.mortbay.http.HttpRequest.maxFormContentSize=500000

You could also do it in the servlet context, and I think there is even
a way in jetty.xml.

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com