Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by mARK bLOORE <mb...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/30 00:07:54 UTC

getting info about queues and exchanges

Can I use Qpid to discover what queues are attached to an exchange,
what their characteristics are, and to remove unwanted ones?  Ideally
I would do this interactively in iPython.

--
mARK bLOORE <mb...@gmail.com>

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: getting info about queues and exchanges

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
mARK bLOORE wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestions.
> I should have added some more info: I'm talking to someone else's RabbitMQ
> server, which is AMQP 0.8.  qpid-tool hangs trying to connect to it, though
> I can access it just fine using qpid in Python.  My problem is that I don't
> know much about AMQP, and can't find good documentation, and I think I have
> created queues during testing that are siphoning off messages from the
> exchange that was created for me.  So I want to find and remove those
> queues, and hopefully learn enough to keep from doing it again.

AMQP doesn't define any mechanism for retrieving a list of queues or
exchanges (hence the creation of QMF which defines a message format for
management commands/queries over AMQP).

You will probably have to use RabbitMQs own management tools to identify
the queues in question.

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
mARK bLOORE wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestions.
> I should have added some more info: I'm talking to someone else's RabbitMQ
> server, which is AMQP 0.8.  qpid-tool hangs trying to connect to it, though
> I can access it just fine using qpid in Python.  My problem is that I don't
> know much about AMQP, and can't find good documentation, and I think I have
> created queues during testing that are siphoning off messages from the
> exchange that was created for me.  So I want to find and remove those
> queues, and hopefully learn enough to keep from doing it again.

QMF is layered AMQP 0-10 functionality. I have no idea what Rabbit
provided for managing their
broker.

The QMF tools will work with the qpid c++ broker.

regards
Carl.

Posted by mARK bLOORE <mb...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the suggestions.