Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org> on 2007/02/07 12:42:48 UTC

News feed,

I see jakarta has a news feed, I'd like to nick the idea for James.
How did you do that?

d.

Re: News feed,

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
Howard knocked it together.

XML file that generates HTML and RSS.

The news.xml in the jakarta/site/ in svn.

Hen

Re: News feed,

Posted by Danny Angus <Da...@slc.co.uk>.
Thanks Henning, I will do.

Henning Schmiedehausen <hp...@intermeta.de> wrote on 05/03/2007 12:04:53:

> As you seem to be building your site with maven: If you use maven 2, I'd
> like to invite you to check out
>
> http://velocity.apache.org/site/tools/velocity-site-news/index.html

The information from the Student Loans Company Ltd contained in this e-mail is private and privileged. If you have received this e-mail in error be advised that any use is strictly prohibited. Please notify us and delete the message from your computer. You may not copy or forward it or use or disclose its contents to any other person.

As internet communications are capable of data corruption it may be inappropriate to rely on advice or opinions contained in an e-mail without obtaining written confirmation of it. This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses, however we do not accept any liability or responsibility for resultant virus infection. Opinions and views expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender and may not reflect the opinions and views of The Student Loans Company Limited.

The Student Loans Company Ltd registered office is at 21 St Thomas Street, Bristol, BS1 6JS and it is registered in England Company No. 02401034, VAT No. 556 4352 32.

Re: News feed,

Posted by Henning Schmiedehausen <hp...@intermeta.de>.
As you seem to be building your site with maven: If you use maven 2, I'd
like to invite you to check out

http://velocity.apache.org/site/tools/velocity-site-news/index.html

which is used to build the announces, news and RSS feed for the velocity
site. It still has some rough edges.

This is intended to leave Velocity and join either the Maven sandbox or
maven plugins proper at some point.

	Best regards
		Henning

On Wed, 2007-02-07 at 11:42 +0000, Danny Angus wrote:
> I see jakarta has a news feed, I'd like to nick the idea for James.
> How did you do that?
>
> d.

Henning P. Schmiedehausen  -- hps@intermeta.de | J2EE, Linux,             |gls
91054 Buckenhof, Germany   -- +49 9131 506540  | Apache person            |eau
Open Source Consulting, Development, Design    | Velocity - Turbine guy   |rwc
                                                                          |m k
INTERMETA - Gesellschaft fuer Mehrwertdienste mbH - RG Fürth, HRB 7350    |a s
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Buckenhof. Geschäftsführer: Henning Schmiedehausen |n

          "Save the cheerleader. Save the world."