Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Bob Aiello <bo...@FXALL.com> on 2007/06/05 15:45:03 UTC

permissions required for FSFS

For a linux based FSFS repository, what are
the minimum permissions required for access
by members of a group?

For example is execute necessary to traverse the
directory structure?

Do I need to give group write access to checkout/checkin
or tag the code? Or is there some way to make everything
read only to the owner and handle permissions through
some internal SVN mechanism. Just to clear we want to
be able to access the code using the svn commands
(not just by web access).

Bob

Re: permissions required for FSFS

Posted by Thomas Harold <tg...@tgharold.com>.
Bob Aiello wrote:
> For a linux based FSFS repository, what are
> the minimum permissions required for access
> by members of a group?

I use the following

# cd /var/svn
# svnadmin create /var/svn/reposname
# chmod -R 770 reposname
# chmod -R g+s reposname/db
# chown -R owner:svngroup reposname

I then assign all users to "svngroup" which gives them read-write access
to the repository.  We don't do path-based authentication (yet) or use
any other access method other then svn+ssh.